In honor of the mere 10 tickets remaining to SIPtemberfest’s Friday Meet the Brewers Dinner, we offer you the Top 10 Reasons you should snag one of these puppies before they’re gone:
- You get to hang out with Vermont Beer Royalty. Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek Brewing and Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids are both prestigious award winning brewers. But even when they aren’t wearing all their bling around their necks, their knowledge, dedication and passion for craft beer are self evident so it’s no surprise these two are at the top of the pack in a crowded Vermont craft beer scene.
- You get to hang out with two wild and crazy guys. Not only are these guys two of the best brewers in Vermont, they are also two of the coolest, most laid-back beer geeks in the industry. Their knowledge of beer and brewing is immense but they are equally funny and easy going, and check their egos at the door.
- You might learn something. Mike and Sean will introduce their pairings for each course, explaining why they feel their selections work with each item on the menu. And if they don’t answer all your questions, you’ll be able pick their brains right there on the spot and see if you can’t pick up a few nuggets of hop-wisdom.
- You will love the food. There will be four courses of exquisite food prepared by Mad River Glen’s Mike Witzel. Most people know Mike for his belly filling apres-ski food, but he’s also a classically trained chef and will be serving up a dinner that will be as equally top-quality as the beers that Mike and Sean pair to it.
- You might win something. Our sponsors have generously donated some amazing prizes that will be given away on Friday. The prizes include brewery lunches, hats, glassware, gift certificates to some great restaurants and of course SIPtemberfest merchandise. All prizes have been beer-geek approved!
- You can call it a Date Night. Friday’s Meet the Brewers Dinner is an awesome excuse for a date night! It’s a fancy enough dinner that you can wear that nice outfit you ‘never have any place to wear.’ But it’s still casual enough that you’d pass if you just take a shower and wear a clean shirt. Plus this event is far more interactive than dinner and a movie, making for an evening full of great conversation as well as great food and beer!
- You might be in for a surprise! That’s all we can say about that. Sorry! We don’t want to ruin the surprise!
- You can make up for not getting Saturday Beer Tasting tickets. Say you didn’t get the memo and Saturday’s tickets were sold out by the time you got around to purchasing some. Oops! Well Friday’s Meet the Brewers Dinner is one heckova consolation prize. You’ll get to try tons of great beer, you won’t need to wear a raincoat if the weather is bad, you’ll get a souvenir glass and a menu and we’ll have SIP Merchandise for sale so if nothing else, you will have 2013 SIPtemberfest trophies to place among your other beer-geek paraphernalia. (PRO TIP: Sign up for FRESH SIPS on the top righthand side of the page and get these posts emailed directly to you and know exactly when tickets go on sale next year!)
- You can try something new at Saturday’s Beer Tasting. If you did get the memo and have tickets to Saturday’s main event, you can save yourself a wait in the lines of Lawson’s and Otter Creek and check out some of the other incredible brewers that you may not have ever heard about. Or maybe you’ll just lap the Lawson’s and Otter Creek lines until they’re sold out – it’s a tough call.
- You hate hearing me say ‘I told you so.’ Did I mention there are only 10 tickets left to this event? And by the time of read through this whole post there may be even fewer! This means that if you don’t act quickly you will be on the wrong side of another ‘Sold Out’ post… so don’t make me say it!
This is a limited space event so when these tickets are gone, they’re gone. Get your tickets before it’s too late! Cheers!
The title really says it all. We sold every last one of our Saturday Beer Tasting tickets in less than 30 hours. Phew! But we’re actually not entirely sold out – we do still have a handful Friday tickets left and if you’re wondering if you might want to go, the answer is: YES – YOU WANT TO GO TO THIS.
What beer would you pair with this stack of heaven from Three Penny Taproom?
The SIPtemberfest Meet the Brewers Dinner takes place Friday, Sept 27, 6:30-10pm and there are only less than 20 tickets left! This is an awesome way to take your beer appreciation to the next level. Learn from the pros who have carefully paired their beers to a four-course dinner. It also makes for a wonderful date night! And have no fear – this is a snob-free event!
It takes place in Mad River Glen’s Stark’s Pub – a very cool place to hang out generally, it’s the perfect setting for this fun evening. Chef Michael Witzel is known for his wonderful pub fare, but his talent for crafting a belly filling meal is vastly understated and when paired with the beers that brewers Sean Lawson and Mike Gerhardt pick out, you will be a card carrying member of the clean plate and empty glass club! You can read more about how much people enjoyed his cooking and the whole evening by clicking here. But you might want to just click here first and get your tickets before the title of this post reads “Friday is Sold Out Too.” You know you don’t like it when I say ‘I told you so!’
There are only a few tickets left to SIPtemberfest and if yesterday is any indication, don’t waste time – get your tickets before they go >POOF!<
- SIPtemberfest Meet the Brewers Dinner – Friday, Sept 27, 6:30-10pm – Only about 20 tickets left! This is an awesome way to take your beer appreciation to the next level. Learn from the pros who have carefully paired their beers to a four-course dinner. But don’t worry – this is a snob-free event! For more info click here.
- SIPtemberfest Beer Tasting - Saturday, Sept. 28, 1-5pm ONLINE TICKETS SOLD OUT! There are a handful of tickets left but to get them you have to head to one of our 5 retail locations. Good thing these are all cool places to get dinner and drinks… or maybe lunch and drinks… Call ahead for availability and accepted payment options (they might not take cards for tickets!)
Latest Retail location ticket status as of 8/6/13, 5:30 pm:
Don’t forget there are still ways to WIN tickets! You can enter as many times as you like – we are giving away ONE more Saturday ticket, TWO sets of 2 Saturday VIP passes and ONE set of 2 tickets to Friday! Click here for more info.
Finally, we are looking for volunteers still – if you’d like to join our team, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oh my!! The one Monday of the year to actually look forward to! The moment that SIPtemberfest tickets go on sale! Monday Funday!
Ok, ok. Not today. NEXT Monday. It’s ok to still hate today. But a week from today, Monday, August 5 at 7am, tickets for SIPtemberfest will go on sale! (Woo Hoo!)
We’re mixing things up a bit this year so have a look-see at what you can get, bookmark the links and set your alarms because you won’t want to miss out! You snooze, you lose!
- Friday Night Meet the Brewers Dinner Tickets – There are only 60 tickets for this killer event. Your ticket includes a 4 course dinner with brewer-selected beers paired to each course by brewers Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids and Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek brewing. For more details click here.
- Saturday Beer Tasting - The best little beer fest in Vermont continues to get better! We have a great line up of breweries heading to Mad River Glen this year and you won’t want to miss out. We will release the full list soon.
- Saturday Beer Tasting Plus - This year for a limited time, when you buy tickets to SIPtemberfest you’ll be able to special order SIPtemberfest t-shirts at a discounted rate! We will post photos of our t-shirt soon.
Tickets will also be available in limited numbers at the following Vermont locations:
Of course, as always we will offer several chances for you to WIN tickets and we will give two of them away before we even start selling them! All you have to do is like Meg’s Events on Facebook, RSVP to our SIPtemberfest and share it with your friends. We will give away one day pass each to Saturday’s Beer Tasting to two this week! You can also start submitting entries for other contests right now. Winners will be selected soon (and yes, if you purchase tickets and then win, we hope you’ll bring some friends, but if not, we can probably work something out.) There is no limit to the amount of times you enter so try, try and try again! Enter by commenting here, posting on Meg’s Events Facebook Page, our SIPtemberfest Invite or by emailing us at email@example.com. All winners will be selected by the week before SIPtemberfest, if not sooner. We will announce all winners here on the blog so don’t forget to sign up to get updates emailed right to you.
- Haiku Contest – Enter to win big/SIPtemberfest is the best/t-shirt and more, yay! – Enter your SIPtemberfest and/or beer related Haiku any time to like. The winner will receive 2 VIP passes to Saturday’s Beer Tasting. We will accept other forms of poetry and creative writing too, but we are a little biased and like Haiku’s the best!
- Joke Contest – What was the chicken’s favorite beer at SIPtemberfest? Bock! - Enter your SIPtemberfest and/or beer related Joke any time to like. The winner will receive 2 VIP passes to Saturday’s Beer Tasting. Please keep your humor relatively in check – a little trashy and a little classy. Thanks!
- Beer+Food Photo Contest – Share your beer + food pairing photos with us and you could win tickets for 2 to our Meet the Brewers Dinner on Friday Night!