There are only a few tickets left to SIPtemberfest and if yesterday is any indication, don’t waste time – get your tickets before they go >POOF!<
- SIPtemberfest Meet the Brewers Dinner – Friday, Sept 27, 6:30-10pm – Only about 20 tickets left! This is an awesome way to take your beer appreciation to the next level. Learn from the pros who have carefully paired their beers to a four-course dinner. But don’t worry – this is a snob-free event! For more info click here.
- SIPtemberfest Beer Tasting - Saturday, Sept. 28, 1-5pm ONLINE TICKETS SOLD OUT! There are a handful of tickets left but to get them you have to head to one of our 5 retail locations. Good thing these are all cool places to get dinner and drinks… or maybe lunch and drinks… Call ahead for availability and accepted payment options (they might not take cards for tickets!)
Latest Retail location ticket status as of 8/6/13, 5:30 pm:
Don’t forget there are still ways to WIN tickets! You can enter as many times as you like – we are giving away ONE more Saturday ticket, TWO sets of 2 Saturday VIP passes and ONE set of 2 tickets to Friday! Click here for more info.
Finally, we are looking for volunteers still – if you’d like to join our team, send us an email: email@example.com.
Oh my!! The one Monday of the year to actually look forward to! The moment that SIPtemberfest tickets go on sale! Monday Funday!
Ok, ok. Not today. NEXT Monday. It’s ok to still hate today. But a week from today, Monday, August 5 at 7am, tickets for SIPtemberfest will go on sale! (Woo Hoo!)
We’re mixing things up a bit this year so have a look-see at what you can get, bookmark the links and set your alarms because you won’t want to miss out! You snooze, you lose!
- Friday Night Meet the Brewers Dinner Tickets – There are only 60 tickets for this killer event. Your ticket includes a 4 course dinner with brewer-selected beers paired to each course by brewers Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids and Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek brewing. For more details click here.
- Saturday Beer Tasting – The best little beer fest in Vermont continues to get better! We have a great line up of breweries heading to Mad River Glen this year and you won’t want to miss out. We will release the full list soon.
- Saturday Beer Tasting Plus - This year for a limited time, when you buy tickets to SIPtemberfest you’ll be able to special order SIPtemberfest t-shirts at a discounted rate! We will post photos of our t-shirt soon.
Tickets will also be available in limited numbers at the following Vermont locations:
Of course, as always we will offer several chances for you to WIN tickets and we will give two of them away before we even start selling them! All you have to do is like Meg’s Events on Facebook, RSVP to our SIPtemberfest and share it with your friends. We will give away one day pass each to Saturday’s Beer Tasting to two this week! You can also start submitting entries for other contests right now. Winners will be selected soon (and yes, if you purchase tickets and then win, we hope you’ll bring some friends, but if not, we can probably work something out.) There is no limit to the amount of times you enter so try, try and try again! Enter by commenting here, posting on Meg’s Events Facebook Page, our SIPtemberfest Invite or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All winners will be selected by the week before SIPtemberfest, if not sooner. We will announce all winners here on the blog so don’t forget to sign up to get updates emailed right to you.
- Haiku Contest – Enter to win big/SIPtemberfest is the best/t-shirt and more, yay! – Enter your SIPtemberfest and/or beer related Haiku any time to like. The winner will receive 2 VIP passes to Saturday’s Beer Tasting. We will accept other forms of poetry and creative writing too, but we are a little biased and like Haiku’s the best!
- Joke Contest – What was the chicken’s favorite beer at SIPtemberfest? Bock! – Enter your SIPtemberfest and/or beer related Joke any time to like. The winner will receive 2 VIP passes to Saturday’s Beer Tasting. Please keep your humor relatively in check – a little trashy and a little classy. Thanks!
- Beer+Food Photo Contest – Share your beer + food pairing photos with us and you could win tickets for 2 to our Meet the Brewers Dinner on Friday Night!
My inbox has been flooded (poor choice of words) with SIPtemberfest questions of late. But for all the questions you have, I have answers. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Question: I’ve heard about all the awful flooding in Vermont. Is foliage cancelled this year?
- Answer: Hell No! Vermont took a beating, there’s no doubt. But we are tough cookies and with the help of our neighbors near and far, most areas that were hit by Irene are getting back to normal; many closed roads are now open, many closed businesses are back to work. And even if all that wasn’t true, foliage will never be cancelled! In fact, the leaves are just starting to tease us with a little color which bodes well for SIPtemberfest – Sept 24 should be excellent foliage viewing!
- Question: I love the beer line up, but those aren’t all Vermont Beers. Or Beers, even…
- Answer: Yes. True. SIPtemberfest is a Vermont beer tasting but we like to invite an out-of-state brewer or two to join us each year, because it’s the neighborly thing to do. This year, we welcome Smuttynose from over yonder in New Hampshire. Plus we might have a second out-of-stater to boot, so stay tuned. And Yes. True. We have two non-beer brewers in our Brewer’s line-up: Woodchuck Hard Cider and, new this year, Vodka from Smuggler’s Notch Distillery. Both offer a refreshing break from the hops, but still offer the quality and flavor we all love. After all, this is SIPtemberfest, not JustBeertemberfest.
- Question: Are you going to have those super cool t-shirts again?
- Answer: Oh yeah, you betcha! We will have them in a new color scheme, but we will have men’s and women’s cuts again. Plus we still have a couple t shirts from last year that you can snag for bargain prices!
- Question: Is Phish playing at SIPtemberfest?
- Answer: They are certainly welcome to! But if they are, they haven’t told me yet. We will have local favorites The Gulch and Abby Jenne & the Enablers. These two rockin’ Vermont bands that will challenge your dancing-while-holding-a-beer skills, so while you’re at Phish you should practice up.
- Question: Can I bring my dog to SIPtemberfest?
- Answer: We welcome well behaved dogs with responsible owners. This mean Fido can come if you keep him leashed, make sure he doesn’t bother anyone and pick up after him (because nobody like stepping in that $#!&.)
- Question: What if I’m not drinking? Do I still have to buy a ticket?
- Answer: It’s totally FREE to come up to Mad River Glen, hangout and listen to music! This goes for designated drivers and anyone else who wants to come up and have a good time but not drink (examples include under-aged folks, pregnant wives, Alpine Limo bus drivers, dogs…) The Single Chair will be running for Foliage rides too!
- Question: Is the Sausage guy gonna be back?
- Answer: You know it! Joey from the Mad Taco will be doing his sausage thing again this year along with the General Stark’s Pub. Back by popular demand this year, we will also have the Skinny Pancake! Food is not included in the price of your ticket so remember to bring a little cash. (There is an ATM on site too.)
- Question: How much are tickets and will SIPtemberfest sell out?
- Answer: Tickets are $25 each and include 10 tastings and a souvenir glass. And will they sell out? Hard tellin’, not knowin’, but if the last two years are any indication, I’d say probably. You can get tickets online or in Warren at Hostel Tevere and Montpelier at Three Penny Taproom. If we don’t sell out in advance of Sept 24, we will sell tickets at the gate on the day of.
- Question: Where’s a good place to stay if I don’t want to drive home?
- Answer: The Mad River Valley has tons of inns and bed & breakfasts that would be awesome places to stay. You can check out the lodging listing at our Chamber of Commerce for more info. We will also have Alpine Limo running shuttle service throughout the day so perhaps if you talk to/tip the driver, you might be able to score a ride!