In honor of the mere 10 tickets remaining to SIPtemberfest’s Friday Meet the Brewers Dinner, we offer you the Top 10 Reasons you should snag one of these puppies before they’re gone:
- You get to hang out with Vermont Beer Royalty. Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek Brewing and Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids are both prestigious award winning brewers. But even when they aren’t wearing all their bling around their necks, their knowledge, dedication and passion for craft beer are self evident so it’s no surprise these two are at the top of the pack in a crowded Vermont craft beer scene.
- You get to hang out with two wild and crazy guys. Not only are these guys two of the best brewers in Vermont, they are also two of the coolest, most laid-back beer geeks in the industry. Their knowledge of beer and brewing is immense but they are equally funny and easy going, and check their egos at the door.
- You might learn something. Mike and Sean will introduce their pairings for each course, explaining why they feel their selections work with each item on the menu. And if they don’t answer all your questions, you’ll be able pick their brains right there on the spot and see if you can’t pick up a few nuggets of hop-wisdom.
- You will love the food. There will be four courses of exquisite food prepared by Mad River Glen’s Mike Witzel. Most people know Mike for his belly filling apres-ski food, but he’s also a classically trained chef and will be serving up a dinner that will be as equally top-quality as the beers that Mike and Sean pair to it.
- You might win something. Our sponsors have generously donated some amazing prizes that will be given away on Friday. The prizes include brewery lunches, hats, glassware, gift certificates to some great restaurants and of course SIPtemberfest merchandise. All prizes have been beer-geek approved!
- You can call it a Date Night. Friday’s Meet the Brewers Dinner is an awesome excuse for a date night! It’s a fancy enough dinner that you can wear that nice outfit you ‘never have any place to wear.’ But it’s still casual enough that you’d pass if you just take a shower and wear a clean shirt. Plus this event is far more interactive than dinner and a movie, making for an evening full of great conversation as well as great food and beer!
- You might be in for a surprise! That’s all we can say about that. Sorry! We don’t want to ruin the surprise!
- You can make up for not getting Saturday Beer Tasting tickets. Say you didn’t get the memo and Saturday’s tickets were sold out by the time you got around to purchasing some. Oops! Well Friday’s Meet the Brewers Dinner is one heckova consolation prize. You’ll get to try tons of great beer, you won’t need to wear a raincoat if the weather is bad, you’ll get a souvenir glass and a menu and we’ll have SIP Merchandise for sale so if nothing else, you will have 2013 SIPtemberfest trophies to place among your other beer-geek paraphernalia. (PRO TIP: Sign up for FRESH SIPS on the top righthand side of the page and get these posts emailed directly to you and know exactly when tickets go on sale next year!)
- You can try something new at Saturday’s Beer Tasting. If you did get the memo and have tickets to Saturday’s main event, you can save yourself a wait in the lines of Lawson’s and Otter Creek and check out some of the other incredible brewers that you may not have ever heard about. Or maybe you’ll just lap the Lawson’s and Otter Creek lines until they’re sold out – it’s a tough call.
- You hate hearing me say ‘I told you so.’ Did I mention there are only 10 tickets left to this event? And by the time of read through this whole post there may be even fewer! This means that if you don’t act quickly you will be on the wrong side of another ‘Sold Out’ post… so don’t make me say it!
This is a limited space event so when these tickets are gone, they’re gone. Get your tickets before it’s too late! Cheers!
Tickets are on sale NOW for both SIPtemberfest events! We anticipate sales going quickly so don’t wait! If you want to get tickets from a real-live person instead of online click here for more information. There’s also lots of ways you can WIN tickets so channel your creative beer-lover and enter as many times as you like.
A mock up of the 2013 SIP t shirt
- SIPtemberfest Meet the Brewers Dinner - Friday, Sept 27, 6:30-10pm Taking place in General Stark’s Pub at Mad River Glen, the Meet the Brewers Dinner will feature Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek Brewing and Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids. Guests will be treated to hand-picked pairings from both brewers over four courses, (specific menu and pairings will be announced soon.) Guests will also be invited to take part in a question and answers session and the chance to pick up some nuggets of wisdom from two of the states top brewers. Ticket are $65 each and include four courses with two beers/course and a souvenir glass. Tickets are extremely limited to this event!
- SIPtemberfest Beer Tasting - Saturday, Sept. 28, 1-5pm Taking place in the scenic and unique setting of Mad River Glen’s base area this main event features a great selection of brewers and distillers as well as local food, music and even foliage rides on MRG’s historic Single Chair. Tickets for the best little beer fest in Vermont are only $30 each and include 10 tasting tokens and a souvenir glass.
- SIPtemberfest Beer Tasting Plus - Saturday, Sept. 28, 1-5pm This year for a limited time, when you buy tickets to SIPtemberfest you’ll also be able to pre-order SIPtemberfest t-shirts at a discounted rate! T-shirts are available in Men’s (S-3x) and Women’s (S-XL) and can be picked up at anytime at the retail booth on the day of the event.
Autotype keeps changing ‘IPA Day’ to ‘iPads’ – clearly autotype doesn’t know me at all.
Anyhow, in honor of IPA Day, we dangle this delicious carrot in front of you; a hint of what you might find at our Friday Meet the Brewers Dinner.
Tickets for Friday’s dinner and Saturdays Beer Tasting go on sale on MONDAY, August 5 at 7am, (set your alarms!) But if you simply “like” Meg’s Events on Facebook (or if you already like Meg’s Events, you can post on our FB page as a reminder…) you will be entered to WIN tickets! We will give two tickets away before tickets go on sale! Click here for more info on ticket sales and our contests.
Oh my!! The one Monday of the year to actually look forward to! The moment that SIPtemberfest tickets go on sale! Monday Funday!
Ok, ok. Not today. NEXT Monday. It’s ok to still hate today. But a week from today, Monday, August 5 at 7am, tickets for SIPtemberfest will go on sale! (Woo Hoo!)
We’re mixing things up a bit this year so have a look-see at what you can get, bookmark the links and set your alarms because you won’t want to miss out! You snooze, you lose!
- Friday Night Meet the Brewers Dinner Tickets – There are only 60 tickets for this killer event. Your ticket includes a 4 course dinner with brewer-selected beers paired to each course by brewers Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids and Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek brewing. For more details click here.
- Saturday Beer Tasting - The best little beer fest in Vermont continues to get better! We have a great line up of breweries heading to Mad River Glen this year and you won’t want to miss out. We will release the full list soon.
- Saturday Beer Tasting Plus - This year for a limited time, when you buy tickets to SIPtemberfest you’ll be able to special order SIPtemberfest t-shirts at a discounted rate! We will post photos of our t-shirt soon.
Tickets will also be available in limited numbers at the following Vermont locations:
Of course, as always we will offer several chances for you to WIN tickets and we will give two of them away before we even start selling them! All you have to do is like Meg’s Events on Facebook, RSVP to our SIPtemberfest and share it with your friends. We will give away one day pass each to Saturday’s Beer Tasting to two this week! You can also start submitting entries for other contests right now. Winners will be selected soon (and yes, if you purchase tickets and then win, we hope you’ll bring some friends, but if not, we can probably work something out.) There is no limit to the amount of times you enter so try, try and try again! Enter by commenting here, posting on Meg’s Events Facebook Page, our SIPtemberfest Invite or by emailing us at email@example.com. All winners will be selected by the week before SIPtemberfest, if not sooner. We will announce all winners here on the blog so don’t forget to sign up to get updates emailed right to you.
- Haiku Contest – Enter to win big/SIPtemberfest is the best/t-shirt and more, yay! – Enter your SIPtemberfest and/or beer related Haiku any time to like. The winner will receive 2 VIP passes to Saturday’s Beer Tasting. We will accept other forms of poetry and creative writing too, but we are a little biased and like Haiku’s the best!
- Joke Contest – What was the chicken’s favorite beer at SIPtemberfest? Bock! - Enter your SIPtemberfest and/or beer related Joke any time to like. The winner will receive 2 VIP passes to Saturday’s Beer Tasting. Please keep your humor relatively in check – a little trashy and a little classy. Thanks!
- Beer+Food Photo Contest – Share your beer + food pairing photos with us and you could win tickets for 2 to our Meet the Brewers Dinner on Friday Night!