So we have some bad news for you. It seems SIPtemberfest headquarters wasn’t the only place experiencing a perfect storm of problems. Between getting ready for the upcoming grand opening of their new brewhouse and waiting for their beer to finish fermenting, Farnham Ale & Lager has had to pull out of SIPtemberfest. Sad face. We are bummed to miss them this year and wish them the best with all their endeavors.
But there is good news! We were able to make a few calls and add the Burlington Beer Company our line up! Woot! What beers they will bring you will just have to wait and see, but the BBC has been cranking out some impressive brews lately and we are so excited they were able to squeeze in our little event to their schedule.
And there is even more good news! We reached out to our friends at the Alchemist and they too will be at SIPtemberfest, serving up Focal Banger! Boom! So despite a little set back, it looks like we will have come out on top and will have even more incredible beer than we originally expected! Cheers to that!
Some other important housekeeping:
- Meet the Brewers Dinner, FRIDAY, September 23 – Doors at 6pm, dinner starts *promptly* at 7. This ticket includes a four course meal with multiple beers paired to each, a tasting glass and a raffle ticket. Zero Gravity Craft Brewery and Prohibition Pig Brewery will be this year’s hosts along with Craft Beer Cellar. Paul Sayler, Nate Johnson and Mark Drutman will be on hand to field questions about the beers served and more. There are a handful of tickets still available. Learn more about the event and the menu here. This ticket does not include admission to Saturday.
- Vermont Beer Tasting, SATURDAY, September 24 – Check-in will start at 12:30. Gate opens at 1pm. Last call is at 4:40pm. Ticket includes Saturday entry, 10 tastings and a souvenir glass. There will be food from the Mad Taco and Skinny Pancake. This event is sold out. Also, our shuttles are now full and we are no longer taking reservations.
- Those interested in buying/selling tickets may try our Facebook Invite. Bad beer karma for anyone trying to sell for more than face value of the tickets. You can edit the name on the ticket by logging on to Eventbrite and editing the ticket info. You can manage financial exchanges directly. If you are arriving together, you do not need to change the names on the tickets.
- EVERY TICKET HOLDER MUST HAVE THEIR ID AND TICKET FOR CHECK IN. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Designated Drivers and underagers are allowed in at no change HOWEVER: please arrive if possible after 2pm, allowing us time to efficiently check in ticket holders.
- The forecast is looking promising but as always, come prepared for hot, cold, sunny, cloudy, dry, wet Vermonty weather!
- We are still looking for a couple more volunteers for Friday. Please contact us if you are interested!
That’s all for now! We look forward to seeing you this weekend!
“Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.”
― Dave Barry
How can you argue with that? We might not be serving pizza at our 2016 Meet the Brewers Dinner, but we will be serving up an incredible four courses, each paired with beers from Zero Gravity Craft Brewery and Prohibition Pig Brewery.
The evening will be hosted by Paul Sayler of Zero Gravity, Nate Johnson of Prohibition Pig, and Mark Drutman of Craft Beer Cellar, Waterbury, who will each offer their insight and knowledge to your experience.
Only a few seats remain! Get tickets while you can!
Ever have one of those days where everything that’s supposed to work doesn’t? That’s been our last month. So much so, that it’s actually become more comical than stressful. But despite two crashed computers, a broken down car, an overheating cell phone, a possessed smoke detector, an exploding kombucha that took out the refrigerator light, a broken bathtub stopper, a drowned mouse in the dog’s water dish, a minor stab wound from a mechanical pencil, a broken Lawson’s tulip glass, a broken book shelf and ensuing book-alanche, two unrelated flip flop blow outs, an unfortunate incident with a screen door, several hours being held captive by an unruly gang of skunks and a slew of other ridiculous and unbelievable moments, we’ve finally been able to confirm our brewers and compile the beer menu for the Saturday Tasting! **And there was much rejoicing.** (Our menu for the Friday Meet the Brewers Dinner will be released shortly.)
We thank you for your patience and hope you are as exited about our line up as we are! Lots of your trusted favorites, lots of exciting new breweries, all bringing some really incredible offerings! As always, our list is subject to change. But without further ado:
The 2016 SIPtemberfest Brewery & Beer List
||Unified Press, Northern Spy, Lake Hopper, Wits Up
|Drop In Brewing Co.
||Hazard Belgian Tripel, McKeevers Mild Ale, Supernova IPA
|Farnham Ale & Lager
||#12 Heffeweizen, #35 Bitter, #92 Session IPA, #58 IPA
|Fiddlehead Brewing Co.
||Fall ’97 Session Pale Ale, Overstable Double IPA
|Foam Brewers/House of Fermentology
||Built To Spill Double IPA, The Nameless IPA, Pitted Against Drie Saison, Orange Dot Golden Sour
|Frost Beer Works
||Junior iPA, Lush DIPA
||Hoppy Side of Pale, Stange Kolsch Style Ale
|Hermit Thrush Brewery
||Stickney Kriek, Brattleberry, 4* Sour Pale Ale
|Idlytime Brewing Co.
||Idletyme Double IPA, Chocolate Mint Vanilla Porter, Pink n’ Pale
|Lawson’s Finest Liquids
||Chinooker’d IPA, Steve’s Backyard Red, Sip of Sunshine IPA, Super Session #2
|Long Trail Brewing
||Green Blaze IPA, Cranberry Gose
|Lost Nation Brewing
||Mosaic IPA, The Wind (both firkins)
|Otter Creek Brewing/Shed Brewery
||Overgrown APA, Pumpkin Ale, Hellbrook Pils, Double Dose Collaboration with Lawson’s Finest Liquids
|Prohibition Pig Brewery
||Oktoberfest, Bantam DIPA, Downtown Piggy Brown
|River Roost Brewery
||The Miller’s Daughter Pale Ale, Unbound Double IPA
|Rock Art Brewery
||Limited Access DIPA, Bohemian Pilsner, Black Currant Saison, Boubon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout w/ Orange
|Smugglers Notch Distillery
|Stone Corral Brewery
||Black Beer, Scotch Ale, Oktoberfest, Stampede IPA
|Tree House Brewing Co.
|Upper Pass Beer Co.
||First Drop Pale Ale, Lil Pharmhouse Saison, Moove On Up Milk Stout
|Zero Gravity Craft Brewery
||Oktoberfest, Smokey the Beer, Madonna Double IPA