Caffeinated greetings all!
Early this morning I was walking my dog in a sleepy stupor when I was jolted by wind rustling a cluster of trees that have decided it’s fall already. Their leaves were orange-red and started blowing off their branches right in front of me, as if to say, ‘What are you, crazy? Put those flip flops away and break out the wool socks!’
Sigh. I mean, of course we can’t wait until SIPtemberfest, but it’s still August and we won’t want to think about foliage and fleece jackets just yet, do we?
Then again, now as I sit in my office sipping my third cup of iced coffee and wishing it wasn’t so darn humid, maybe there are certain things about SIPtemberfest we should be thinking about. For example:
- If you haven’t already, here’s your friendly reminder to claim your pop up tickets but August 31! The receipt you got upon purchasing tickets has instructions. You can contact us if you have questions. But PLEASE claim your pop up tickets ASAP so we can focus on other planning details closer to the event! You must have a scannable ticket to enter – no exceptions.
- If you haven’t already, there are still tickets available for the SIPDinner with Lost Nation and River Roost. We are working on the menu right now and I’m getting hungry/thirsty just thinking about it! Plus, as this is the last year, we are adding some fun little treats here and there for attendees. I urge you not to miss out on this!
- If you haven’t already, there are still tickets available for the SIPCoffee tasting on Sunday! It will feature local roasters serving up their finest little pots of black gold in commemorative SIPtemberfest Mugs. Also available will be donuts from the Village Grocery and food from the MRG Pub. Coffee Beers will be available in the pub as well! The artisan coffee scene reminds me so much about the craft beer scene from about 10 years ago. I’m really excited to see the passion and care these roasters put into their work start spilling over to the consumer side of things. If like coffee even a little bit, I HIGHLY recommend you grab some tickets to SIPCoffee! You’ll get to sample some incredible coffee, test out your coffee-pallet and coffee-knowledge, purchase beans and other coffee swag and wash your hangover away all in one fell SIP! $20 now $25 at the door.
- What are you going to wear?? For our 10th Anniversary of SIPBeer, we are really encouraging people to break out their finest beer-drinking attire! Vintage SIP shirts, lederhosen, dirndls and any other celebratory beer-fest accessories are recommended and… there might even be prizes!!
- We’ve been getting emails from both sellers of and buyers for SIPBeer tickets – we are encouraging you to use our Facebook Invite to connect directly. Please note: terrible beer karma to anyone who tries to sell tickets for anything more than their face value. Trust the people you are selling to/buying from. Feel free to report sketchy parties to us. We want you to all come and have fun, but to paraphrase our friends at the Alchemist: NO DBs. Thanks!
- Yes, yes, yes! The list of brewers will be officially announced very soon – stay tuned!!
- Finally – WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR MORE VOLUNTEERS! If you are interested and available to help out on Saturday or Sunday, we will make it worth your while! Tasks range from easy to laborious and shifts are usually around 4 hours. You get a t-shirt and drinking tokens and you get to hang out with some of the coolest people on the planet! Please contact us if you are interested to learn more!
That’s it for now, team. As mentioned, we will be posting again soon about our brewers and more so stay tuned.