We cannot believe what a stunner this weekend is supposed to be! Ordinarily around this time we are reminding you all to be mindful of the always changing Vermont weather and dress accordingly. But with a forecast like this, things you should bring would include sunglasses, SPF 30 and a water bottle!
So it’s a good thing we just paired up with Clearwater Filtration! They are bringing their awesome Watermark water station to SIP so you can fill up your water bottle during the day and stay hydrated! And if you forget your water bottle, head over to the MRG tent or the MRG retail shop and get a new one or just fill up your SIP glass! We are excited at this chance to reduce waste and stay hydrated at the same time – it just makes the beer taste that much better, amiright?! (Please note – we reserve the right to have you open filled water bottles etc upon entry. No outside alcohol permitted. Thanks!)
Also, please remember that PARKING IS WICKED LIMITED! Carpool with 3 or more people if you haven’t signed up for a shuttle! Thanks in advance for being respectful of our parking attendants and shuttle drivers and following their directions!
Pro Tip: Arrive early for SIPtemberfest and show the lift attendant your SIP ticket for a SIPtemberfest Foliage Ride Special! Present your SIPtemberfest ticket between 10am and noon on September 23rd and get a Half Price Foliage Ride on America’s Favorite Chairlift, the Mad River Glen Single Chair (only $5). The ride up is a beautiful trip through what’s shaping up to be a beautiful rainbow of foliage. You can take the chair down or walk but either way, it will take some time so the earlier you go, the less SIPping time you’ll miss, if any!
Some other important housekeeping:
LAST CALL FOR ONLINE TICKETS! All online ticket sales close Thursday Night!
- SIPDinner, FRIDAY, September 22, Doors at 6pm, dinner starts *promptly* at 7 – Grab the last of the tickets before sales close, Thursday, 11pm! This ticket includes a four course meal with multiple beers paired to each, a tasting glass and a raffle ticket. River Roost Brewery and Lost Nation Brewing will be this year’s hosts along with Craft Beer Cellar. Mark Babson, Allen Van Anda and Mark Drutman will be on hand to field questions about the beers served and more. There are a few tickets still available!
- SIPCoffee, Sunday September 24, Gates 11am-2pm – Online tickets $20, at the gate $25! Ticket includes a tasting mug and 12 tasting tickets so you can try multiple samples from our 7 Vermont roasters. There will be live music as well as food available for purchase. Coffee beers will be available in the Pub too! Just picture it: You can round off your weekend testing your coffee-knowledge and kicking that hangover at the same time, all on relaxing and gorgeous Sunday morning on the side of a mountain!!
Those buying/selling tickets may try our Facebook Invite or other forums. Bad beer karma for anyone trying to sell for more than face value of the tickets. The original buyer can edit the name on the ticket by logging on to Eventbrite, selecting My Tickets and editing the ticket info. You can manage financial exchanges directly. If you are arriving together, you do not need to change the names on the tickets. Please note: we do not issue refunds or sell tickets for you at the gate.
- SIPBeer, SATURDAY, September 23 – Check-in will start at 12:30. Gate opens at 1pm. Last call is at 4:40pm. Ticket includes Saturday entry, 10 tastings and a souvenir glass. There will be food from the Micheal’s Good To Go and Cornerstone Pub & Kitchen. This event is sold out. If you signed up for a shuttle, be on the look out for an email with details! We are still looking for a shuttle check-in person on one of the buses too!
- EVERY TICKET HOLDER MUST HAVE THEIR ID AND TICKET FOR CHECK IN. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Designated Drivers and underagers are allowed in at no change HOWEVER: please arrive if possible after 2pm, allowing us time to efficiently check in ticket holders.
- The forecast is looking amazing but as always, come prepared for anything – and we highly recommend sturdy footwear! Heels and wedges are going to skunk your day.
- Don’t forget to stop into the HopShop for your SIPtemberfest merchan
That’s all for now! We look forward to seeing you this weekend!