Happy Tuesday Sippers!
Hopefully this post finds everyone happy to be back to work, energized from a nice relaxing long weekend. If not, we hope you can take advantage of this post as a great excuse to procrastinate for 3-6 minutes.
Let’s get to it, shall we? We have all sorts of SIPtemberfest info to share with you so settle in and read on:
First – Save the Dates!
- SIPBeer, Saturday, September 22, 1-5pm, tickets $45-47 each, 2/purchase.
- SIPCoffee, Sunday, September 23, 11am-2pm tickets $15-20 each, no purchase limit.
Second – Ticket Info!
Online ticket sales will start Tuesday June 26 at noon. Tickets will be $47 each with a limit of 2/purchase. While you’re there, don’t forget to sign up for our SIP shuttle! And also get your tickets to SIPCoffee! If you didn’t attend last year, you really should put this on your calendar for 2018! Tickets will be available at this link:
We will have two local Pop Ups this year, one in Waitsfield and one in Waterbury. These will be cash only sales with a 2/purchase limit for SIPBeer, but there’s a little bonus that tickets will be $45! Both Pop Up sales will have around 150 SIPBeer tickets available. You can also purchase SIPCoffee tickets at the special Pop Up Sale rate of $15 each! Plus the locations of our Pop Ups are both at really awesome stores that you should regularly shop at if you don’t already!
- Waterbury Pop Up, June 14, 4:30-6pm at Craft Beer Cellar in downtown Waterbury. If this place isn’t on your radar, it really should be! Nowhere is the area can you find a broader selection of craft beers, including a huge array of Vermont beverages, as well as regional and national breweries that you have to try. They also have a growler station, (at which we will take over and sell SIP tickets,) as well as home brewing equipment, glassware, gifts and more. Time your SIP ticket purchase to coincide with stocking your beer fridge! Webpage | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Waitsfield Pop Up, June 19, 4:30-6pm at The Mad River Taste Place, in the Mad River Green. In addition to selling ONLY Vermont products, The Mad River Taste Place is the first Official Vermont Cider Tasting Center in the state, representing all 16 Cider Maker members of The Vermont Cider Makers Association. Their amazing walk-in cooler is expertly curated with Vermont ciders, beer and more, their deli is a charcuterie dream come true and their staff is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. When you stop in to get SIP tickets, you should also plan to stock your pantry with the best Vermont foods and beverages available. Now open seven days a week, the Mad River Taste Place is the place to go! Webpage | Facebook | Instagram
Third – New Things!
- More Beer & More Friends Due to some crafty machinery tetris by the crew at Mad River Glen, we will have a little more room this year which means we will have 2 or 3 more booths! This small increase means we can also increase our ticket numbers just a smidge, (about 75 tickets,) so be sure to rally your posse for the best little beer fest in Vermont!
- Stark Mountain Foundation (SMF) After 10 years supporting the Mad River Path Association we are mixing things up and teaming up with the SMF and their efforts to preserve and protect the very mountain our event calls home. We think it’s only fitting that we try to give back to the place that has given us so much. They are still planning what fun activities they will have at SIP. In the meantime, learn more about the SMF and their mission Webpage | Facebook
- The Single Chair After much consideration, Mad River Glen will not be spinning the iconic Single Chair for foliage rides during SIPtemberfest this year. But it will be spinning the following two weekends so be sure to return to the mountain for the most scenic ride in the state!
- 2018 SIP Artist-in-Resident Cat Illustrates For the last few years, we’ve teamed up with local artists to bring their vision of SIPtemberfest to life. This year we are stoked to have Cathy Stevens Pratt of Cat Illustrates, bringing her edgy whimsy to the show. We cannot wait to see what she comes up with but in the meantime, you should check her out. She is a frequent at local art fests including the Waterbury Arts Fest, and you can find her online too. Webpage | Facebook | Instagram
Fourth – Who is Coming?
While we can’t tell you who’s coming yet, we can tell you we are very excited for this year’s line up! We will announce our full list of brewers, roasters, musicians and more closer to the event so stay tuned.
Thanks all for now folks! If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for Fresh SIPs and get our posts emailed directly to you! We will be in touch again soon.