Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: beer, beer fest, Friday Brewers Dinner, General Stark's Pub, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Mad River Glen, Mike Gerhardt, Otter Creek Brewing, Sean Lawson, SIPtemberfest
Categories : Uncategorized
In honor of the mere 10 tickets remaining to SIPtemberfest’s Friday Meet the Brewers Dinner, we offer you the Top 10 Reasons you should snag one of these puppies before they’re gone:
- You get to hang out with Vermont Beer Royalty. Mike Gerhart of Otter Creek Brewing and Sean Lawson of Lawson’s Finest Liquids are both prestigious award winning brewers. But even when they aren’t wearing all their bling around their necks, their knowledge, dedication and passion for craft beer are self evident so it’s no surprise these two are at the top of the pack in a crowded Vermont craft beer scene.
- You get to hang out with two wild and crazy guys. Not only are these guys two of the best brewers in Vermont, they are also two of the coolest, most laid-back beer geeks in the industry. Their knowledge of beer and brewing is immense but they are equally funny and easy going, and check their egos at the door.
- You might learn something. Mike and Sean will introduce their pairings for each course, explaining why they feel their selections work with each item on the menu. And if they don’t answer all your questions, you’ll be able pick their brains right there on the spot and see if you can’t pick up a few nuggets of hop-wisdom.
- You will love the food. There will be four courses of exquisite food prepared by Mad River Glen’s Mike Witzel. Most people know Mike for his belly filling apres-ski food, but he’s also a classically trained chef and will be serving up a dinner that will be as equally top-quality as the beers that Mike and Sean pair to it.
- You might win something. Our sponsors have generously donated some amazing prizes that will be given away on Friday. The prizes include brewery lunches, hats, glassware, gift certificates to some great restaurants and of course SIPtemberfest merchandise. All prizes have been beer-geek approved!
- You can call it a Date Night. Friday’s Meet the Brewers Dinner is an awesome excuse for a date night! It’s a fancy enough dinner that you can wear that nice outfit you ‘never have any place to wear.’ But it’s still casual enough that you’d pass if you just take a shower and wear a clean shirt. Plus this event is far more interactive than dinner and a movie, making for an evening full of great conversation as well as great food and beer!
- You might be in for a surprise! That’s all we can say about that. Sorry! We don’t want to ruin the surprise!
- You can make up for not getting Saturday Beer Tasting tickets. Say you didn’t get the memo and Saturday’s tickets were sold out by the time you got around to purchasing some. Oops! Well Friday’s Meet the Brewers Dinner is one heckova consolation prize. You’ll get to try tons of great beer, you won’t need to wear a raincoat if the weather is bad, you’ll get a souvenir glass and a menu and we’ll have SIP Merchandise for sale so if nothing else, you will have 2013 SIPtemberfest trophies to place among your other beer-geek paraphernalia. (PRO TIP: Sign up for FRESH SIPS on the top righthand side of the page and get these posts emailed directly to you and know exactly when tickets go on sale next year!)
- You can try something new at Saturday’s Beer Tasting. If you did get the memo and have tickets to Saturday’s main event, you can save yourself a wait in the lines of Lawson’s and Otter Creek and check out some of the other incredible brewers that you may not have ever heard about. Or maybe you’ll just lap the Lawson’s and Otter Creek lines until they’re sold out – it’s a tough call.
- You hate hearing me say ‘I told you so.’ Did I mention there are only 10 tickets left to this event? And by the time of read through this whole post there may be even fewer! This means that if you don’t act quickly you will be on the wrong side of another ‘Sold Out’ post… so don’t make me say it!
This is a limited space event so when these tickets are gone, they’re gone. Get your tickets before it’s too late! Cheers!
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: beer, beer fest, beer tasting, Friday Brewers Dinner, Mad River Glen, meet the brewers dinner, SIPtemberfest
Categories : Uncategorized
The title really says it all. We sold every last one of our Saturday Beer Tasting tickets in less than 30 hours. Phew! But we’re actually not entirely sold out – we do still have a handful Friday tickets left and if you’re wondering if you might want to go, the answer is: YES – YOU WANT TO GO TO THIS.
What beer would you pair with this stack of heaven from Three Penny Taproom?
The SIPtemberfest Meet the Brewers Dinner takes place Friday, Sept 27, 6:30-10pm and there are only less than 20 tickets left! This is an awesome way to take your beer appreciation to the next level. Learn from the pros who have carefully paired their beers to a four-course dinner. It also makes for a wonderful date night! And have no fear – this is a snob-free event!
It takes place in Mad River Glen’s Stark’s Pub – a very cool place to hang out generally, it’s the perfect setting for this fun evening. Chef Michael Witzel is known for his wonderful pub fare, but his talent for crafting a belly filling meal is vastly understated and when paired with the beers that brewers Sean Lawson and Mike Gerhardt pick out, you will be a card carrying member of the clean plate and empty glass club! You can read more about how much people enjoyed his cooking and the whole evening by clicking here. But you might want to just click here first and get your tickets before the title of this post reads “Friday is Sold Out Too.” You know you don’t like it when I say ‘I told you so!’
Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: beer, beer fest, Hostel Tevere, Mad River Glen, Mad Taco, meet the brewers dinner, Prohibition Pig, SIPtemberfest, Three Penny Taproom, tickets
Categories : Uncategorized
There are only a few tickets left to SIPtemberfest and if yesterday is any indication, don’t waste time – get your tickets before they go >POOF!<
- SIPtemberfest Meet the Brewers Dinner – Friday, Sept 27, 6:30-10pm – Only about 20 tickets left! This is an awesome way to take your beer appreciation to the next level. Learn from the pros who have carefully paired their beers to a four-course dinner. But don’t worry – this is a snob-free event! For more info click here.
- SIPtemberfest Beer Tasting - Saturday, Sept. 28, 1-5pm ONLINE TICKETS SOLD OUT! There are a handful of tickets left but to get them you have to head to one of our 5 retail locations. Good thing these are all cool places to get dinner and drinks… or maybe lunch and drinks… Call ahead for availability and accepted payment options (they might not take cards for tickets!)
Latest Retail location ticket status as of 8/6/13, 5:30 pm:
Don’t forget there are still ways to WIN tickets! You can enter as many times as you like – we are giving away ONE more Saturday ticket, TWO sets of 2 Saturday VIP passes and ONE set of 2 tickets to Friday! Click here for more info.
Finally, we are looking for volunteers still – if you’d like to join our team, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments : 2 Comments »
Tags: beer fest, dogs, foliage, Hostel Tevere, lodging, Mad Taco, sell out, Smuggler's Notch Distillery, The Skinny Pancake, Three Penny Taproom, tickets, Vermont
Categories : Uncategorized
My inbox has been flooded (poor choice of words) with SIPtemberfest questions of late. But for all the questions you have, I have answers. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Question: I’ve heard about all the awful flooding in Vermont. Is foliage cancelled this year?
- Answer: Hell No! Vermont took a beating, there’s no doubt. But we are tough cookies and with the help of our neighbors near and far, most areas that were hit by Irene are getting back to normal; many closed roads are now open, many closed businesses are back to work. And even if all that wasn’t true, foliage will never be cancelled! In fact, the leaves are just starting to tease us with a little color which bodes well for SIPtemberfest – Sept 24 should be excellent foliage viewing!
- Question: I love the beer line up, but those aren’t all Vermont Beers. Or Beers, even…
- Answer: Yes. True. SIPtemberfest is a Vermont beer tasting but we like to invite an out-of-state brewer or two to join us each year, because it’s the neighborly thing to do. This year, we welcome Smuttynose from over yonder in New Hampshire. Plus we might have a second out-of-stater to boot, so stay tuned. And Yes. True. We have two non-beer brewers in our Brewer’s line-up: Woodchuck Hard Cider and, new this year, Vodka from Smuggler’s Notch Distillery. Both offer a refreshing break from the hops, but still offer the quality and flavor we all love. After all, this is SIPtemberfest, not JustBeertemberfest.
- Question: Are you going to have those super cool t-shirts again?
- Answer: Oh yeah, you betcha! We will have them in a new color scheme, but we will have men’s and women’s cuts again. Plus we still have a couple t shirts from last year that you can snag for bargain prices!
- Question: Is Phish playing at SIPtemberfest?
- Answer: They are certainly welcome to! But if they are, they haven’t told me yet. We will have local favorites The Gulch and Abby Jenne & the Enablers. These two rockin’ Vermont bands that will challenge your dancing-while-holding-a-beer skills, so while you’re at Phish you should practice up.
- Question: Can I bring my dog to SIPtemberfest?
- Answer: We welcome well behaved dogs with responsible owners. This mean Fido can come if you keep him leashed, make sure he doesn’t bother anyone and pick up after him (because nobody like stepping in that $#!&.)
- Question: What if I’m not drinking? Do I still have to buy a ticket?
- Answer: It’s totally FREE to come up to Mad River Glen, hangout and listen to music! This goes for designated drivers and anyone else who wants to come up and have a good time but not drink (examples include under-aged folks, pregnant wives, Alpine Limo bus drivers, dogs…) The Single Chair will be running for Foliage rides too!
- Question: Is the Sausage guy gonna be back?
- Answer: You know it! Joey from the Mad Taco will be doing his sausage thing again this year along with the General Stark’s Pub. Back by popular demand this year, we will also have the Skinny Pancake! Food is not included in the price of your ticket so remember to bring a little cash. (There is an ATM on site too.)
- Question: How much are tickets and will SIPtemberfest sell out?
- Answer: Tickets are $25 each and include 10 tastings and a souvenir glass. And will they sell out? Hard tellin’, not knowin’, but if the last two years are any indication, I’d say probably. You can get tickets online or in Warren at Hostel Tevere and Montpelier at Three Penny Taproom. If we don’t sell out in advance of Sept 24, we will sell tickets at the gate on the day of.
- Question: Where’s a good place to stay if I don’t want to drive home?
- Answer: The Mad River Valley has tons of inns and bed & breakfasts that would be awesome places to stay. You can check out the lodging listing at our Chamber of Commerce for more info. We will also have Alpine Limo running shuttle service throughout the day so perhaps if you talk to/tip the driver, you might be able to score a ride!