Thanks to you all for your patience! Cleaning up after Irene has been a task, mentally, physically and emotionally.
- QUICK SHOUT OUT To all the amazing people who have volunteered anywhere and everywhere across this state – those of us hit can barely put words together to thank you for your support! You have brought muscles and tools, smiles and hugs, and of course beer! I raise my glass to you!
- ANOTHER QUICK SHOUT OUT To our friends and fellow beer geeks at the Alchemist who were also hit awfully hard by Irene – but are still cranking out cans of their yummy Heady Topper (which I’m renaming Flood Stopper since it’s helping me not go insane during this rough stretch.) Heartfelt cheers to you!
And while clean up is nowhere near done, (click here for information on how you can help) we are finally able to (sort-of) get back to work! And man, thinking about beer has never been a better way to get things off my mind! So without further ado, I present you with our current Brewers Line-Up for SIPtemberfest 2011!
*** Brewers Line-Up for SIPtemberfest 2011 ***
… with quotes found in reviews of their brews …
- The Shed – “a wonderful beer to enjoy with dinner and start off the night.”
- Trout River – “simple excellence all the way through”
- Bobcat Cafe & Brewery – “Totally recommended -even if a little dangerous!”
- Long Trail – “An incredible beer, IMO. Well worth seeking out if you are anywhere near the Vermont area.” Todd Alstrom’s review of Double Bag
- Otter Creek & Wolaver’s – “Could have had another pint which is saying something for a beer of this strength. One of the better IPAs on cask that I have ever had”
- NEW! The Perfect Pear/Vermont Beer Company – ” A good companion to dinner and well worth a try.”
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids – “Absolutely worth seeking out.”
- Woodchuck Hard Cider – “This is by far the very best cider I have had to date! “
- Zero Gravity Brewery – “Yet another well-made Zero Gravity offering. Prosit!”
- Harpoon Brewery – “I could drink this one all day!! Bring on the dog dazzzze!”
- Magic Hat Brewery – “What a great offering from Magic Hat. Totally surprised me. I love the character of this beer, especially the hints toward ginger. Truly unique. It too bucks the trend in many ways. Interesting flavours, easy drinking and brings a level of social awareness.” – Todd Alstrom’s review of Single Chair Ale
- BACK AGAIN! Switchback Brewery – “I can’t wait to have another one.”
- Guest Out-of-State Brewer: Smuttynose – “I could sip this one all night long. Paired this one with a beer braised pork roast and later with fresh baked brownies.” – Jason Alstrom’s review of S’muttonator
- NEW! VODKA!! Smugglers Notch Distillery – “[Their] Vodka combines the best of wheat and corn into a wonderfully flavorful vodka that’s just sweet enough to be pleasing, complex enough to stand up in cocktails, and smooth enough to sip neat. It’s extremely well distilled and proof again that great spirits can come from uncommon places.”