We are getting really excited for this weekend! The tents are up, the beer orders are coming in, our t-shirts are looking sharp and the forecast is calling for some epic beer-drinking weather!
Here’s a few notes and reminders for you before your set out for the weekend:
- COVID Vaccine Cards Upon check in, you must present your ID and Covid Vaccine Card with your ticket to enter. A partial vaccine card is valid with a negative Covid test from with 48 hours of arrival at SIP. A negative test on its own is not valid for entry. More info here. Ideally we’d like the actual card in hand. Thanks.
- Kids not age-eligible for the vaccine are welcome to attend with a Visitor Ticket (see below) But please remember kids who can run around on their own must have their masks on at all times.
- Visitor Tickets Due to new state laws Kids & Designated Drivers need to purchase Visitor Tickets for $5 or more and can no longer attend for free. This isn’t some attempt on our part to make more money – we don’t want to charge you! So instead, we are giving these tickets sales to the Stark Mountain Foundation. Upon check-in ask about Visitor Tickets and our crew will take care of you. The same COVID vaccine requirements apply to visitor tickets. More info here.
- Bring cash for food and merchandise! There is NO ATM onsite and wifi is usually good, but it can be spotty.
- Bring sunglasses and sturdy footwear! It will be a lovely day, but it’s a ski area so there are “snow snakes” everywhere, just waiting to trip you up! 😉
- Reminder: the MRG Base Lodge will be closed to the public. We have extra portolets, and they are the nicer flushing units! But yes, the Stark’s Pub, inside bathrooms and the whole building will be closed.
- 12:30pm Ticket check in will start (if not earlier)
- 1pm Gates open! Lowell Thompson plays, Food from Micheal’s Good to Go & the MRG Snack Shack, HopShop Retail booth opens, Raffle tickets available from Stark Mountain Foundation
- 3pm Ragged Company plays
- 4pm Raffle drawing, Team Photo
- 4:45pm Last Call – keep an eye on the time because we don’t announce this!
- 5pm – Event Over
Other things to do in the area over the weekend:
- Waterbury Arts Fest – This is a super fun event that usually takes place in July, but not this year! Check out their block party with live music, a beer tent and food trucks on Friday night. And Saturday before you head to SIP, swing by their Arts Market with almost 100 area artists selling really cool gifts of all kinds! While you’re in the ‘hood, stop at our sponsor Craft Beer Cellar for the best selection of craft beer in the area!
- Eat & Drink – there are some really great places in the valley to check out while you’re here! You can stop at our Sponsor Mehuron’s Supermarket and check out the offerings in their badass deli and stock your beer fridge while you’re there. Or grab some food from the Mad Taco, Stoke Ramen, Pizza Soul or Canteen Creemee Co. You can go across the way to Worthy Burger Too and Collaborative Brewing before or after you catch the shuttle to SIP! Or you can walk down the road to Lawson’s Finest, The Big Picture and Eggs & Toast. So much to eat & drink… so little time. Click here for more info.
Buying/Selling SIP Tickets We are now sold out and are no longer issuing refunds. For anyone trying to sell tickets, post to our Facebook invite or to other forums. Please exercise patience if you haven’t sold them yet – we know people are looking for tickets. https://www.facebook.com/events/212444780822767/
Thanks everyone for your continued support over the years, and your patience and understanding this year! It has been a tough 18 months to be in the events industry, but we are glad to be back at it. We hope our COVID protocols help you all feel safe while drinking a bunch of great beer on a beautiful afternoon at SIPtemberfest, this Saturday!!!
See you soon!